Uses of Honey and its benefits for our face, skin, hair, and much more
Benefits of Honey and its Uses
Nowadays, benefits of honey is mainly used as an ingredient in cooking, baking, as a spread on breads and pastries, and as a sweetener for beverages. Health and beauty are also what honey is used for such as for digestion, for weight loss, and using honey on face and on skin.
Uses of honey for face and skin
Honey is a great natural anti-aging skin product. Throughout the centuries, legendary beauties like Cleopatra and Poppea have used raw honey as part of their skin and hair care treatments to keep them looking youthful. It can be mixed with other ingredients such as carrots, papayas, apples, almonds, bananas, and yoghurt to make a face mask for skin anti-aging.
Honey for Acne Scars - Honey forms a protective barrier over your wound while cleaning it of debris; it allows and even encourages your skin to re-grow, it reduces swelling, prevents scarring, and kills bacteria by slowly releasing antiseptic hydrogen peroxide over several hours.
Health Benefits of Honey
- Honey for Muscle Building - Taking honey after your workout helps muscles recuperate, replaces the extra carbohydrates used, and keeps your immune system up.
- Honey for Weight Loss and Honey for Digestion - Has natural sweetener that contains 22 amino acids and a variety of minerals that helps increase body metabolism. Honey can also be taken for those who want to go on a diet or fast because it contains easily digested sugars.
- Honey for Ulcers - Using raw honey as your everyday sweetener can shield your stomach from irritants that can cause ulcers like non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), alcohol, and bacteria called Helicobacter pylori that cause up to 90 percent of all ulcers.
- Honey for Allergies - Sneezing and runny nose that is caused by pollen can be cured by simply eating local honey. Find honey made from local flowers full of local pollen, and it could stop your allergic reaction without drugs or uncomfortable side effects.
- Honey for Sore Throat - Research shows that Manuka Honey is effective against Streptococcus Pyogenes, a bacteria which causes sore throats. For an effective remedy against colds, one should take a teaspoon of Manuka Honey at the first onset of a cold.