Here are the Health Benefits of eating Leek
Leek is another branch of Alliaceae family which gives us health benefits from its sulfur compound Allicin that helps boots are immune system and also spicing up are foods for great taste like its cousins Onion and Garlic.
- Leek for cancer. Leek reduces ovarian cancer. The kaempferol substance that Leek contains reduces ovarian cancer in females.
- Leek for anti oxidants. Leek is a good source of anti oxidants. Contains Vit B and other protective anti oxidants such as lutein, carotenoids and zeaxanthin which reduce amount of free radicals in the cells that causes aging.
- Leek for pregnant women. Leek is very essential for pregnant women. The folate of this vegetable prevents birth defects particularly related with spine and brain, helps generate new cells, and keeps our blood healthy.
- Leek for digestion. Leek supports healthy digestion. Leek is one of the few foods that contain prebiotics bacteria which keeps our digestive system running smoothly.
- Leek for insect bites. Leek is also good in insect bites. Help reduces the swelling and stops the pain.
Vit C can also be found in leek, a water soluble vitamin that helps body grow. It also helps the body repair damage tissues. Vit C is also considered as anti oxidant which blocks some damaged caused by free radicals.
Potassium that is commonly found in banana is also in Leek vegetable. This helps balances the body’s ph and water levels that contributes to a healthy muscle growth and also nervous system.
Leek Health Benefits Overview
- Leek diet and Leek for fiber. Leek is a good source of dietary fiber.
- Leek lower bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol. Leeks help lower LDL cholesterol and increase HDL cholesterol levels in the blood which is lessen risk of heart attacks.
- Leek for cancer. Its quercetin and other compound restrict the spread of cancer in the body most likely colorectal cancer and prostate cancer.
- Strengthen Bone. Leek contains calcium that can be found in other fruits or vegetable. Calcium is the components that bones need to develop its strength. Calcium is also used for the proper clotting of blood in the human body.
- Leeks also act as an antiseptic agent and help the body fight against infection and contamination.