How you’re doing with your Time Management?
Time is gold, and like money, it should be well managed. Otherwise, it won’t be gold after all.
Many people nowadays do not live a healthy and anxiety-free life because of time mismanagement. Time mismanagement is due to lack of proper preparation, poor planning, misuse of initiative, and lack of commitment to time schedule. Time mismanagement can lead to a number unavoidable consequence. Time is one thing you will never get back. As time flies away, there is nothing you can do but to regret.
Time management has lot to do with who you are. It is one way to measure how effective you are. You cannot always declare, “I’m too busy! I have many times to do. I don’t have time!” Although you cannot make more time as there are only 24 hours in a day, you can make yourself more effective.
Make use of time management tools to help you make wise use of your time. From simple task lists to elaborate planners and even computerized ones, these tools can provide you greater efficiency. Use what is right for you.
A great way to develop your system is to start with a simple daily task list. Write down the things that you would like to do for a day. Cross out every task after completing them one by one. As a new task appears, note them down so you would not miss them.
If you would consider scheduling your day, get a daily planner and place in there all your daily priorities. Time management provides you deeper understanding of your lifestyle, and help you discover other possibilities available.
Time management is indeed very important. Too bad many of us fail to realize the reasons for it:
- Helps you prioritize your work. – With a list of things to do, you know what needs to be done first, and what are the important and time-sensitive ones.
- Helps you get more work done in less time. – Planning your time ahead will help you see the amount of time needed to do your tasks, making you realize how much time you need. You won’t get lazy on the way.
- Helps you do quality work. – Planning your time provides you the focus you need to make the most out of your time in accomplishing quality work.
- Keep things in the proper perspective. – Time management is essential if you want to balance your lifestyle. It can help you make wise but tough decisions with regards to certain activities or work that needs to be done.
- Helps you keep track of your goals. – How far have you gone to complete your tasks? How many more are left? Time management helps you keep track of your progress of your activities, be it your daily time routine or career plan.
- Ensures you deliver what you promised. – Job performance and work quality depend on time management. Failing to deliver what you promise can displease your colleagues and cost you’re your job.
Time management plays a huge part in disciplining yourself and managing whatever resources you have, including time. It is crucial in attaining our goals in life. With proper planning, time management, and commitment, you can be the master of your time.